Apple iPhone - Increase Battery Life
Tips for increasing the charge time and overall life of your iPhone battery. These instructions are for iOS6—if you're using a different version the exact instructions may vary slightly but the principles are the same.
- Always keep your software updated. Newer versions often include improvements that help battery performance.
- Turn down the screen brightness (Settings > Brightness).
- Turn on auto-brightness (Settings > Brightness > Auto-Brightness). This uses less power when you're in a darker location.
- Turn off Bluetooth unless you really need it (Settings > Bluetooth).
- Turn off Wi-Fi when you're not using it (Settings > Wi-Fi).
- Turn off Location Services if you're not using it (Settings > Privacy > Location Services).
- Set a shorter auto-lock time (Settings > General > Auto-Lock).
- Unload apps completely. Double-press the home button to see a row of apps running in the background. Press and hold any app—red "minus" signs will appear. Press these minus signs to completely close each app.
Author: Dave Owen, Originally published: 2012-10-14