Account Executive for Television Advertising Sales
A television account executive is responsible for selling TV advertising spots and maintaining relations with advertising clients. A small station might have a single account executive while larger stations have whole teams.
Duties can include:
- Developing new sponsorship/advertising accounts.
- Servicing existing accounts, keeping them fresh and effective.
- Coordinate with production crew on creating spots, assist with production as necessary.
- Ensuring accounts are paid.
- Organizing and participating in publicity events.
Sales in television works much the same as other media (print, radio, etc). Remuneration can be either salary, commission or a combination of both. This tends to be a very performance-driven occupation, so good salespeople do well.