View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. TV station guilty of subliminal advertising

The Australian Communications and Media Authority has found Network Ten guilty of using subliminal advertising during the 2007 Aria Music Awards. Single-frame shots of sponsor logos were flashed during the broadcast in a technique thought to increase consumer brand awareness and action.

The network is only getting a slap on the hand. I think they should count themselves lucky - it is well known that subliminal advertising is illegal and trying this trick in the 21st Century is pretty ...
    Categories
    Video
  2. Adobe CS4 Preview

In a nutshell, CS4 highlights include:

Premiere Pro: Native AVCHD support! Woohoo! Also "speech search" which allows you to transcribe audio and search for words in the video. Reports on how well this works vary - don't expect too much.

After Effects: Photoshop 3D layer import. New "Mocha" tracking application.

Encore: Firewire output for monitoring. Pop-up menu for Blu-ray support. Enhanced Flash output (automatically make a Flash version of a DVD). ...
    Categories
    General
  3. ExitReality Review

ExitReality is a new browsing and social networking system that allows you to navigate any existing website in 3 dimensions. I watched the video and was impressed enough to download the required plugin (Windows-only, 3.5MB).

Getting started couldn't be easier. As soon as I'd found a suitably bald avatar I was wandering around my own websites in 3-D.

The possibilities looked amazing - for example, I could make a custom 3-D version of MediaCollege.com with big screen ...
    Categories
    Web Development
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  4. Live Events via Hologram

As reported at stuff.co.nz this morning, "a walking, talking image of Australian chat show host Rove McManus was beamed across the Tasman yesterday to appear live on stage at Auckland's Vector Arena." Telecommunications company TelstraClear is promoting the technology for both business and home use, although the latter is still several years way.

Is this also the future of larger-scale "live" appearances? With increasing concerns about the environmental impact of touring acts, might ...
    Categories
    General , Video , Audio
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  5. How to work with a click-track

Here's one for the musos out there. It's a subject that I recall well from my own days in the music industry - how to work with a metronome or "click track" when recording your material. It's not an easy thing to get used to but it's quite an important skill if you want a professional production (unless you're sure that your music doesn't need a consistent tempo).

Read the complete article here.
    Categories
    Audio
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Subscribe to us on YouTube