View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. First Comments About the Hobbit's 48 fps

UPDATE: I've seen The Hobbit and posted a video about it.

I've previously commented a number of times about the frame rate of cinematic movies (e.g. here and here). I've mentioned that I think the current rate of 24p is a deficiency that will inevitably be fixed, but it won't be an easy transition for some people. There are those, especially in the film industry, who are very attached to 24p and who feel that faster frame rates are a threat to the art of film.

So a great ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Film Shoot Safety Fail

Have a good look at the series of images below. This was posted online a couple of weeks ago (credits & links at bottom of post). The images are not Photoshopped.

As you can imagine, these photos created several comment streams lambasting the incompetent crew and talking about the pitfalls of hiring inexperienced people.

So what happened? How could a crew get this shoot so ...
  3. Adobe Creative Cloud Review

I've been using Adobe Creative Cloud for a few months now, so I thought it was about time to do a bit of a video review. Creative Cloud is the online subscription service where you can download any of the Creative Suite applications whenever you like. It's an alternative to buying the disks and Adobe clearly would like customers to be moving in this direction.

I talk about the service itself rather than the individual applications. Here's the executive summary:

Does ...
    Categories
    General
  4. Gratuitous Super-Slow Motion

For many of us, one of the best things about watching Olympic games is pulling apart the television coverage. Not in a nasty way - it's usually very good and I remember the excitement of seeing some great innovations over the years; for example, the tracking camera that runs alongside the track & field runners.

So what was the big innovation at London? Super-slow motion, it seems. This is where they use a camera that shoots at higher than normal frame rates which results in spectacularly ...
    Categories
    Video
  5. Free Legal Documents for Freelancers

If you have no idea what it's like to be burned by a client who decides not to pay up, count yourself lucky and watch the video below to see what's it's like for everyone else. If you'd like to avoid this situation, or if you need any sort of legal documents for your creative business, head on over to www.docracy.com. This is a free source of documents and resources for all types of business and there's something for almost every type of business, especially freelancers.

Categories
    General
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Subscribe to us on YouTube