• The Hobbit will be 3 films

Peter Jackson has announced that The Hobbit will be spread over three films instead of the originally planned two. Jackson says that in addition to the book, material will be drawn from related appendices of The Lord of the Rings.

Predictably this decision is drawing a mix of praise and criticism. On Jackson's Facebook announcement most of the fans are happy, but less so in other areas of the web.

For my part I'm dubious. I feel that in King Kong Jackson showed some weakness in not knowing when to move onto the next scene. I fear this may be more of the same. It's one thing to take the time to tell the whole story, it's another thing to get lost in the details.

Time will tell and I hope I'm proven wrong.
    Comments 2 Comments
      Jeremiah -
      "Time will tell and I hope I'm proven wrong."
      My friend, I'm afraid you will be proved right, absolutely right!
      "Jackson showed some weakness in not knowing when to move onto the next scene."
      Jackson showed "some weakness"??? You're much too kind.
      King Kong is an old favourite of mine but, sad to say it, I just could not sit and endure the whole movie.

The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, I've read both beautiful stories. I've also listened to The Hobbit audiobooks, both abridged and full.
      Then I purchased the The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Seems making a good movie is no longer fashionable.
      Everything has to be polluted with pointless special effects and computer animations, the same scenes shot from ten different angles and played several times with redundant closeups.

Obviously, all that stuff requires extra time and the viewer must endure this silliness just to see the next scene.

Obviously The Hobbit it will cost several gazillions to produce and will be a record box office collection on opening, but I tend to agree with your doubts.
      Dave -
      Where I come from it's not considered good form to doubt Sir Jackson (not being sarcastic - he really is a knight), but sometimes you've gotta be honest.
    Subscribe to us on YouTube
    html xmlns=