HELP!!! Power Point To Video???

I have a friend who has asked me to transfer a power point presentation to DVD. What is the easiest way to do this? I have a Sony DCR-TRV320 and I do have an S-Video jack on my computer, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks,
    Travis

Blog Entries
    There are several ways you can approach this.

There are hundreds of "Powerpoint to video" conversion applications available for purchase. Try searching for "Powerpoint to video" or "Powerpoint to DVD" and see what you find. This would be the best and simplest method, but means you'd have to spend a bit of money (not too much).

If your video card has a video output (s-video or composite), you could connect this to a VCR or DVD recorder and record the presentation as you play it.

If you're absolutely desperate, you could try recording your monitor with a camera. Not recommended though.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Power Point mouse pointer visibility

I insert video into pps-presentation, and wenn this pps play, mouse pointer is visible, although visiability of pointer is off. How can I solve this problem?
    Thanks
    Pit

Blog Entries
    Travis, I see you do have a video connection - sorry I didn't read your message properly first time . Of course I have no idea why it's not working - there could be a million reasons for that and I wouldn't know where to start. If you do want to get it working, post all the details of your computer and video card and maybe someone can help.

Pit016, I'm not completely sure of where the mouse problem is coming from. If the mouse pointer is visible in the PP presentation, you should just be able to move it to the bottom of the screen where it can't be seen.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Danon

Re: HELP!!! Power Point To Video???

For converting PPT to video I usually use [link removed]

Quote: Danon
    View Post
    For converting PPT to video I usually use [link removed]
    I agree. It's good choice.

Blog Entries
    Actually, since the original thread was posted we have come to know GeoVid as habitual spammers. They appear to pay people to join forums and post fake recommendations. They even keep track of the threads they've posted in and come back from time to time just so they can bump the threads.

I recommend against using GeoVid, and I have removed the links in the above messages.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

PPT to video

or go the 'free way'...

1. find a friend with a Mac
    2. mail the powerpoint presentation to him/her
    3. let him/her import the powerpoint in KeyNote (Apple SlideShow tool, integrated in iWorks)
    4. Once imported, the export the presentation to a Quicktime Movie.
    5. have this movie mailed back to you/or burn it on a DVD or edit it in whatever you like.
    5. buy this person a chilled beer, he/she saved you time/dollars/euro's on software.

Good luck.
    Jeroen

Screen Recorder

Would a screen recorder like ZSoft or Windows Media Encoder 9 work? There are a few free ones out there, along with freeware for converting the resulting AVI file to DVD.