Best video editing software on a budget?

As the title says I'm looking for a cheap quality editor for some YouTube videos and don't want to exceed around 50 euro
    it has to have a few things: speed change, hd quality
    And not be over complicated
    Thanks in advance for responses

Blog Entries
    Do you need speed ramping (ie gradually changing the speed over time), or would it be acceptable to change the speed of individual clips? There are ways to make simple clip speed control look more sophisticated by breaking it up and adjusting the speed of its "subclips" - you can even get something close to ramping but it's time-consuming.

I'm picking that speed ramping could be a problem in the 50-Euro range but being able to change the speed of an entire clip should be easy enough.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Yes, i only need to change individual clip speed

Blog Entries
    Have a look at our video software recommendations - there are a few options there. Unfortunately the lower end software seems to change features much more often then the more established higher-end offerings so it's hard to keep up with them. You might need to work through the different options to see which ones support speed changes.

If you have Linux, Openshot is a very good option. If you don't, keep an eye on it because a cross-platform version is due early next year. This is likely to be my recommendation for a cheap/free video editor.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Windows movie maker is really good for windows systems, but now glad to know about such an easy software for Linux i.e OpenShot. Thanks! Will surely try it.

How long do you expect to be working on these YouTube videos for? You could do a free trial of Adobe Premier Pro CC and then sign up for a subscription for a few months. That would stay within your budget and you'd then be working with very high quality tools. That would give you video editing capabilities for about 3 months for less than your budget. Just an idea.