How to import MXF file to FCP?

I cant import mxf file to FCP directly. I have to convert it first.
    What is the process to get MXF video clip directly to FCP 7/X?

Well, seems this thread has posted for a pretty long time, not sure if your problem has been solved or not. But here is my answer. You can go to FCP official website to download the FCP mxf plug-in. it will help you import your mxf files into your fcp. But if this plug-in can't do what it should, then try to find yourself a third-party software. Here I recommend you imixmxf. You can just google it and have a try.

Not sure if your problem has been solved or not. And only if necessary , then I suggest you not converting your raw clips to other format. Try to find some FCP plug-in in the Apple store. And if you do have to convert them , then find some good and useful converter apps to help you do the job.

MXF files are native Avid files only. I'm not sure if there is a file converter for them but if you can find/use/hire an Avid edit suite you could import then export as uncompressed .mov files
    Josh Rockman
    My Video Website

Thank you all for the reply. Right now I am using 'XDCAM Transfer'. I installed the free software and I can now import MXF file in FCP7. File - Import- Sony XDCAM. It is easy and woking well. I didn't try for another software or plug-in.
    Thank you.

Thank you all for the reply. Right now I am using 'XDCAM Transfer'. I installed the free software and I can now import MXF file in FCP7. File - Import- Sony XDCAM. It is easy and woking well. I didn't try for another software or plug-in.
    Thank you.