Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

help!!:/

hi guys, i've read all the previous threads before asking for help but i couldn't find any one with the same problem....
    like most of the people on this "topic" my parents bougth me a mp 3(4) player from thailand...
    my problem is: that the player works perfect when is connected to my computer.. i can listen to music, look at movies, up/down-load music and movies to my player and so on.... but when i remove the usb cable (when the player is'nt connected to the computer) it doesn't work... when i turn on the power it just blinking:S
    and when i connect it to the computer it works again...
    most be a problem with my battery or something,
    it doesn't want to be recharged:S

and btw... when i tried to install the program on the CD it just said that a file was missing:S
    but i manage to find a a little something on the internet, so i can convert movies to those "amv" files

would be nice if some one could help me out
    thx for your help

Kind regards
    Slimehead
    proud owner of a mp3(4) player .. that doesn't work

Bad Battery

HI Slimehead,

Unfortunately you've probably got a bad battery and it either won't hold a charge or you didn't charge it fully before using it. Try charging it foe at least a few hours and see if it holds a charge, if not you'll have to replace the battery.

As far as the CD, I can e-mail you a copy of the files from mine, but they're about 35MB total, so downloading could take awhile if you're on a dial-up ISP.

The Cruel Truth

hey people dumb those #### toys in the trash and buy
    a real mp3 player and save the trouble

by the way the trick in the memory is done using faulty pointers on the flash memory to virtually show a larger space no compression or ####...(& by formating you fixed those pointers)

all that caused by those mofo chinese companies thats why never ever buy any single electronic device from china cause all of those stuff comming from china especialy the non branded ones are ****edup trust me i ve been in this business for a while.

there are other relatively cheap replacements for those from companies like "mpio"

I hope i ve saved any one i ve just registered to say this..

thx:P

thx guys:P

SONY DIGITAL MP4 player frimware

hai guyz,
    i brought sony mp4 player.. but unknownly i'had uploaded it with new frimware(withoug saving it's original frimware from it) now i killed my player. now it's plays works well but its screen became blue,nothing can be seen through it, i need it's frimeare , my player details are
    SONY DIGITAL MP4 PLAYER
    512 MB MEMORY
    it has a joystic control at center, 2 headphone scockets,
    it's boot screen is lotus flower,i'm attaching its picture if possible.

if any one having same type player contact me, i'll give what he wants(frimware,software etc etc of player) and also i'll tell him how to download and send frimware from his player,
    thanks
    my id is chetsonline@yahoo.com

please contact me by mail or by messenger,, i dont loging often to forum.
    so i dont wanna miss u who is helping me,
    thanks
    _____________i'm having all softwares related to mp4player and frimwares also,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote: adames
    View Post
    I have a chinese digital mp4 player someone help me for converter .mpg to .mtv
    You can use the software named " All Video Converter " or " TMPGEnc ". I think it's not difficult for you to control those two softwares. Good luck !

mp4

i too have a similar problem, i formatted my 1gb sony mp4 and found it as 474mb,please help me if anyone can, my id is anu_raj_n_r@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by anuraj; 27th Aug 2006 at 17:34.

Quote: Arumugam
    View Post
    Hello guys me too got the similar player with 512MB Spec but when formatted 256MB Lost and now my mp4 player size is just 256MB but it's working fine. i tried firmware upgrading many times and nothing went wrong. Any queries about this (Sony Mp4 player) feel free to Mail me in following mail id arumugam_mail@yahoo.com.
    me too have same problem my player is actually showing 474mb rather than 1gb which was there before formating

sony mp4 player

I too purchased a 1 GB sony mp4 because of its cheap price and noticed all the problems mentioned by the users in this forum. After a little R&D i.e. actually trial and error I have found out some solutions for this player

1. The CD provided can be installed only with Win XP professional edition. Anything below that (even win XP standard) then the software on the CD will not work properly
    2. As far as possible do not format the player because the flash disk uses old DOS (FAT) format. If you get errors, the safer option is to use WIN XP chkdsk utility You can access this by right clicking the players drive icon and going to properties/tools and clicking check now. Select the box automatically fix disk errors. After the check is completed then view the files on the player on your comp and delete any found directory which will have all the junk files in it
    3. If after running chkdsk you still have errors then you are in trouble and you may have to format your flash disk. For this purpose use the utility provided by the vendor on you CD and format with file system FAT
    4. The normal cheating done by the vendors is providing only 50% of the space which you actually purchased. If you buy a 1 GB model you will actually have only 512 MB capacity although the player will display 1 GB. This is done (as explained by another user earlier) by modifying the pointers in the FAT partition. So you can actually save only 512 MB of data. Any more files added will only create an entry in the FAT partition but actually no data will be copied on the flash card.
    5. All those who are getting the error of storage as 128 MB must have formated with the windows format which defaults to FAT 32 which will not work on this player. Try to use a third party formatting utility and select file system as FAT
    6. DO NOT upgrade your firmware unless it is provided by the vendor of your machine. Firmware provided by other vendors most probably will not work on you machine
    7. I am still doing some R&D on my machine and have noticed that it accepts only 50% of the storage space for media files like mp3 and amv etc because this must be the limitation of the media player installed on the machine. However, when I copied some ebooks (.txt format) then I could avail another 64 MB of space on the device beyond 512 MB. However I have to do some more R&D before confirming this.
    8. My advice to all is buy this player only if the price is very low compared to other branded players and be ready for the limitations mentioned above if used carefully it is worth the price that the device is available

Quote: adames
    View Post
    I have a chinese digital mp4 player someone help me for converter .mpg to .mtv
    hi adames, i can help u for ur problem. i can send u software for .mpg to .mtv convert but theres one problem. where to send it. ok and that mtv format file take big space.