Berklee Knowledge

Hi everybody...so here goes my first post in this forum:

I was accepted to the Berklee College of Music to study Music Production & Engineering and I wanted to know what kind of knowledge ('bout Microphones, Mixing, Recording, Parts, Connectors, etc) do you guys recommend I should have prior to going there in May?

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks,

Johnny

Blog Entries

Re: Berklee Knowledge

Hi Johnny -

Welcome and congratulations! I'm sure you must be very excited and anxious . IMHO - you don't really need anything from us. You will learn in depth and gather wisdom with experience as time goes on. I believe, if you master the fundamentals, whatever is complicated will be a challenge easier conquered.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Blog Entries

Hi Johnny,

Yes, congratulations! Exciting times ahead for you I think.

I agree with SC358. I don't think there's much you need to do for preparation. These courses usually assume you have little or no knowledge when you start.

Having said that, it can't hurt to have a look around our audio tutorials and do a bit of general reading around the Internet. But don't be concerned about being under-prepared.

All the best. Keep us posted.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks a lot for the replies...

I actually did read the audio tutorial that you have here...it was really helpfull actually (finally understanding the difference and the polar diagrams)

Any other comments regarding magazines, topics of interest or anything of the sort will be great..

Later
    Johnny