DV quality question...

Hi, complete forum newbie heare....

I have been doing a lot of editing using basic Imovie on Mac OSX with footage taken from a couple of Sony HC90 cameras and am about to do a paying job for a client. I have noticed that I never seem to get even TV quality both whilst editing full screen or from my finished "full quality DV" final ouptut from Imovie.

My question is, if I upgrade to Final Cut Pro (with a new G5 and shed loads of memory), is this going to give me the quality jump that I am looking for, or, is it down to the video camera itself?

I could go and hire a 2,000 DV camera as well as buying the edit suite but that means I make no profit. The editing suite is coming regardless and is not financially offset against this job.

Any help is appreciated.... )
    Timbob

Morglor9

Re: DV quality question...

I'm guessing that the client will be playing the videos on a TV off of a DVD. If so, have you actually tried playing the video on TV? I find that I am dissatisfied with the videos that I edit on my computer, but once on TV they look fine.

Re: DV quality question...

Thanks for that Morglor9... A point I had not considered.... I'll try it and see.... hope that's the answer!!

Cheers my friend )
    Tim