what kinda computer do i need to stream live

what kinda computer do i need to stream live games at 500 kps or better.

had another question also,when i record games -----its about 1gb or more but i dont have so much bandwith ......so what i do is encode the games with Windows media Encoder but that takes so much time ,what do you recommmend for me to use

Blog Entries

Re: what kinda computer do i need to stream live

I'm not really a gaming guru so I'm not the best to answer the questions, but I would suggest that the type of computer hardware you use is probably not the main issue. It sounds like your connection speed is more likely to be the issue.

It's also important to know how many people you are streaming to. If you are streaming to two other people then you can probably set up a server at home with a standard high-speed connection and static IP. If you have 100,000 visitor per day then you'll need something better.

Encoding video always takes time. I find the best solution is to have a separate encoding computer. Even if it's a slower computer, you can leave it going while you concentrate on other things.

Anyway, to get more help I think you'll need to provide more information about what you're trying to do. It's a very complex issue and anyone who knows about these things will need to understand your situation thoroughly before they can give you good answers.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dave i found the soultion for encoding the games,anyways our site is new about 40 pepole active on our site .

Can we talk about this privately

my email is shawnsamani2004@yahoo.com

This may be a good guide:

Operating System Requirements:
    • Microsoft Windows 2000
    • Microsoft Windows XP Home/Pro

Hardware System Requirements
    • PC with 700 P3 - AMD megahertz or higher processor clock speed
    • 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher
    • Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor

Internet Connection System Requirements
    • Minimum 56k Dialup connection (broadband or high speed connection recommended.)

Browser requirements:
    • Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later.

Windows Media Player requirements:
    • Microsoft Windows Media Player 9.0 or later (This version of the player is installed by default on all supported OSes)

Browser security settings:
    • You need to set your security settings to default (medium). If custom security settings are used, you need to make sure the following are prompted or enabled: Signed ActiveX Controls and Script AcitveX Controls marked safe for scripting.

Video device:
    You need at least 1 recording video device (Video-for-Windows device) installed and available on the system for normal operation. We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you check the webcam manufacturer’s website and download the latest available drivers for the device.

Audio device:
    You need at least 1 recording audio device (Wave-In device) installed and available on the system for normal operation. Make sure you have a sound card installed in the computer and that you have the proper audio recording device selected.

System updates:
    We strongly recommend the installation of ALL critical updates for your computer from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site, as well as any non-critical updates related to Windows Media Player and DirectX.

Copied from this site.

Cheers!
    Copperman