Lol
    Hi, i'm doing research for a media project about how films portray women as being violent and the effect of this on female audiences. I'd be grateful to just hear your thoughts on this topic. For example...

Do you think that women performing aggressive acts is glorifying violence?

Do you believe that powerful, aggressive women have the ability to be influential figures to a female audience?

In your opinion, do you feel that violent female characters have more impact on audiences than violent male characters?

Do you think that aggressive female characters encourage women to be
    more violent?

Thanks for your time and your opinions!

Blog Entries

Re: Women and violence in film

Quote: Lol
    Do you think that women performing aggressive acts is glorifying violence?
    Not necessarily. As with a lot of media violence, it depends on the situation. If a woman was attacked by an animal and aggresively defended herself, I don't think that's glorifying violence.

Do you believe that powerful, aggressive women have the ability to be influential figures to a female audience?
    Yes. I think all behaviour shown in the media (by either sex) has the potential to influence audiences.

In your opinion, do you feel that violent female characters have more impact on audiences than violent male characters?
    They may have the impact of being less common, but that's probably about it.

Do you think that aggressive female characters encourage women to be more violent?
    In some cases, just like in some cases male characters encourage men to be violent.

Thanks for your time and your opinions!
    You're welcome, and good luck with your research.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Lol

Re: Women and violence in film

Hi
    thanks for your reply. Just to further the debate(!) do you think that female charcters being violent sells the film more? does it give the film more appeal?
    thanks again