Capturing Video/Audio on PC

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on hardware/software for capturing video and audio on my PC. What I need is to capture video output from the screen and record it. The ability to capture boot screens would be a plus. From there I would like to edit and publish as a DVD. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! =)

Blog Entries

Re: Capturing Video/Audio on PC

There are lots of screen capture apps out there but I haven't used any for a while except Macromedia's Contribute (which won't be what you want unless you're outputting to Flash). Sorry I can't recommend anything in particular but from memory most of the ones I've used perform pretty much the same.

I don't think hardware is too much of an issue.

Not sure how you'd capture boot screens as the software would have to be running to capture. The only option I can think of there would be to shoot the screen with a camera.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

You can try Camstasia which allows you to capture the PD screen and get it as an AVI file

NukaCola

yeah, there is a couple of progs that i can advice
    personally for me there is a software for capturing avi from desktop, for any tutorials or presentations... after recording you can even make a simple edit, add callouts, remarks, etc...
    click

on their site there is much more, if you need.. freeware too

Bob

Here's a toy that might do the trick (recording VGA output onto a VHS or DVD recorder):

http://www.computercasesandcables.com/ccc/CV-25120.html