shutter speed effect, does anyone know of one?

Most DV camcorders have a "slow shutter speed" digital effect that comes in the menu.

What if you don't want to destructively edit and simply want to add this effect afterwards. Is there a "slow shutter" effect for Sony Vegas 6?

I've google-searched for hours, but can't find anything!

Any help is truly appreciated.

Re: shutter speed effect, does anyone know of one?

Check with Douglas Spotted Eagle at www.vasst.com if anyone knows it will be Spot.

Bob

Slowing the shutter speed can increase brightness in very dim lighting, but will blur motion.

Blog Entries

A guy at work showed me some nature footage shot with our Sony XDCam using the slow shutter effect. It makes the footage appear to have been shot at a slower shutter speed than the actual frame rate. He was shooting waterfalls and stuff like that - it was beautiful.

I'm thinking there should be a post-production effect that can do the same thing. Maybe not as nicely as in-camera but the basic effect should be do-able. I've just done a quick experiment adding motion blur and I could get a similar effect but not nearly as elegant as the footage I saw.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Bob

Some sort of temporal smoothing filter should achieve the same effect I think (maybe I should get some sleep though!).