Thread: Export Frame

Export Frame

How can i export a frame into a image file with widescreen? I want to keep the widescreen on the image, because i will build a mask from this image. My project and my footage is with widescreen settings.

Hope you understand.

Blog Entries

Re: Export Frame

I think I know what you're doing but I'm not completely sure. In any case we'll need to know what software you're using before anyone can give you proper instructions.

If I'm reading you correctly, you have a widescreen video clip/project and you want to export a single frame of the video as a still image (e.g. BMP or PSD). Is that right?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dave,

I am using Adobe Premiere 1.5 Pro.

I have already exported the single frame to a BMP file. The problem is that my exported BMP file had lost all the widescreen properties and becomes "thinner". The size of the exported bmp file is 720 x 480 (that's fine because the project i am working on is a NTSC widescreen project, but the exported image has no black borders at all).

So I assumed that after i import to Adobe Premiere again the image would recover its properties, but it didn't. The point is, how can i import that image again and make adobe premiere understand that the image needs to be resized with the widescreen properties.

Blog Entries

Ah, I see what's happening. When you import the file back into Premiere, you're losing the pixel aspect ratio. No worries, easily fixed...

In the project window, right-click the BMP file and select "Interpret Footage". Under "Pixel Aspect Ratio" check the "Conform to:" option, then select one of the widescreen options from the drop-menu. For example, if you're using NTSC, select "D1/DV NTSC Widescreen 16x9 (1.2)".

That should fix it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries

One other thing I should have mentioned - if you're working with the image in Photoshop you can do the same conversion there. In the main menu go to "Image > Pixel Aspect Ratio" for the options.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks. That fixed the problem