Thread: Multiple Videos

Multiple Videos

I'm trying to achieve an effect that shows lots of videos in the screen along the time, some of them cropped vertically, others horizontally and so on (different sizes). The first video that show up runs for a few seconds, then freeze like a picture, so the next one show up in different location, it might overlaps the first one a little bit and freeze again.

To achieve that i did the following:

LAYER VIDEO 3 - VIDEO 2 (Effects used: Crop) | Picture of the last frame (Effects used: Black and White)

LAYER VIDEO 2 - VIDEO 1 (Effects used: Crop) | Picture of the last frame (Effects used: Black and White)

LAYER VIDEO 1 - BLACK BACKGROUND

Its doing what i want except for the fact that i want borders in each video. I tried using CLIP EFFECT in the videos/pictures, but it seems that this effect is being applied in the whole screen, not in my cropped video.

Is there any other way to do it? Please help me out based on my composite.

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries

Re: Multiple Videos

Try using the Iris Square transition instead. It's a bit hard to explain what I'm thinking (and I'm not 100% sure that I understand you correctly) but here goes...

Apply the Iris Square transition to the clip.
    Stretch the transition to cover the entire clip.
    In the Effect Controls window, set a border size and colour for the transition.
    Set the transition Start and End points to be the same, around 50 (more or less depending on the size of the video).
    In the left effect preview window, drag the little circle until the iris border is overlaid correctly on the video. You'll have to adjust things a bit to get it right.

I haven't explained this very well so it might not make any sense. Unfortunately I'm away from home for a few days but if you're still having trouble I'll try to write a proper tutorial ASAP.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com