Blog Entries

Flash Video Player

We'd like to offer our forum visitors a sneak preview of the new MC Media Player. This is a shareware Flash video player for you to use on your own websites. All the details are here:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/flash/media-player/720x360

This version is the first in what we hope will be a range of players. In the future we plan to have different sizes, features, formats, etc.

The player is free but a donation wouldn't cause us any pain .

We would be very keen to hear any feedback about this project. We have high hopes for our Flash players and we want to get them right!
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries

Re: Flash Video Player

After seeing a few people implement the player we decided to change a few things. We've re-written some of the code to make it more robust and ironed out a few bugs. It's now easier to install and won't stop working if you make a mistake in the playlist.

There's still a couple of minor bugs but v1.0 shouldn't be too far away.

We'll probably post updates in the Video forum.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Denis

Quote: Dave
    After seeing a few people implement the player we decided to change a few things. We've re-written some of the code to make it more robust and ironed out a few bugs. It's now easier to install and won't stop working if you make a mistake in the playlist.

There's still a couple of minor bugs but v1.0 shouldn't be too far away.

We'll probably post updates in the Video forum.
    Hi, Just wanted to say a great site with good information. I would like to know your opinion on ON2 encoder but the main reason was to ask if its possible to have a parameter to control the width of the player window OR to put the dir list & info screen ( that is on the right of the player window, below the player so it does not have to take up the full screen

cheers (denis@liquidgecko.com)
    Denis ( Your neighbour in Perth/Australia ) :-)

Blog Entries

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your comments. We don't have the resize option available at this stage but it is on the to-do list.

Note - we have a new support forum for the MC Media Player. The link is on the main forum page below the other forums.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries

Oops, forgot to answer your question about On2 VP6.

IMO it's what Flash has been waiting for. It's quite a significant improvement over the Sparc codec. Although you could argue that there are better codecs in the world, Flash has to live with limitations like making the codec software light enough to be included in the player. I think they've done a great job and VP6 is the codec that finally puts Flash on the same quality level as the other big players.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

is thier a way i can get the fla. i want to redesign it. once im done, ill post the design for every one to use.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, as it says it the terms & conditions, the FLA file is not available. I've been burnt too many times . Thanks for the offer though.

At some stage I intend making the player skinnable but that could be a while away.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

oh, ok. if i design the it and sent it to you. can you apply it to the player.

Blog Entries
    Well, I don't want to say no and I'm happy to look at your design but there's a lot of "buts".

The main thing is that I already have a long list of requests and I've told a lot of people that they may have to wait a long time before I can even consider their request.

I can't make any guarantee at all about incorporating your design. My concern is that you would spend your time making a design which sits on my hard drive for months without being looked at. I really don't want to waste your time.

If you're happy to send me your design on the understanding that it may or may not get used, I'll be happy to look at it.

The bottom line is that the player is what it is, and I can't afford to get drawn into agreements which I may not be able to honour. I hope you understand.

Edit: This discussion has moved to the MC Media Player support forum.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com