2 XLR males to 1/4" stereo

Hi guys, I have two (left and right) xlr male main outs from a mixer to go into one 1/4" line in into my sound card. How can I do this to maintain a seperate left and right signal which would pan correctly through the sound card? Any help would be appreciated

Arnold anchinges

Re: 2 XLR males to 1/4" stereo for big adam

Quote: big adam
    Hi guys, I have two (left and right) xlr male main outs from a mixer to go into one 1/4" line in into my sound card. How can I do this to maintain a seperate left and right signal which would pan correctly through the sound card? Any help would be appreciated
    if the XLR is going to be connected to a balance I/O, you can use the pin 1(GND) and pin 2(+) of the XLR. Then using the 1/4" stereo plug,the tip can be connected to one of the XLR's pin 2, and the ring can be connected to the other XLR's pin 2. Then combine both the pin 1 of the XLR's and connect it to the sleeve of the plug. The draw back here is that the signal will be unbalanced, but you can pan the signal at this point. I hope this info can help you. Arnold Anchinges (Philippines)

Re: 2 XLR males to 1/4" stereo

Hey thanks for getting back to me!! Is there any way to do this with a balanced cable?? Thx again!