Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

maintaining video quality on adobe pp 1.5

Hey, I'm new here just found out about this forumIs it possible to render my edited work and maintain the high audio/video quality of the captured files? (adobe premier pro 1.5)

J

Re: maintaining video quality on adobe pp 1.5

What format is the video in now?

all the clips in the sequence are avi files. the quality & size reduce when I export even in avi. I dnt know why.

There are a couple of things that I can think of. One...see what you movie settings are, such as the aspect ratio, size of project. It could be that the avi files that you are importing are different sizes then what the adobe project is looking for. Two, is try importing a little bit of the file into adobe, and then rendering it as somthing else, such as MPEG. I assume that is why you are trying to import it again is so that you can put it onto a DVD? Am I correct? If not, try those things, and then let me know what your purpose of importing them back into adobe is.

Also, you said render your edited work. Which program did you use to edit that work, and did you capture the video with that same program?

actually the initial problem was my inability to capture using adobe p pro 1.5 cos my camcoder model is not supported by the program. So I saved as avi to import to premier pro. Now I lose quality on thesame files when I render. The loss of quality is too much to neglect.

How did you get the files from you comcorder onto your computer? I bet you used the usb port, right?

Blog Entries

Also, go over the "Export Movie Settings" with a fine-toothed comb. Make sure "Recompress" (in the video settings) is not selected.

Basically you need to make sure nothing changes throughout the entire process.

It would be good to know more about your camera and capture process.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: dkstaker
    How did you get the files from you comcorder onto your computer? I bet you used the usb port, right?
    Yeah. my laptop hasnt got a firewire port. Plus my camcodr, sony DCR-TRV255E is not a supported model on adobe pp.

Quote: Dave
    Also, go over the "Export Movie Settings" with a fine-toothed comb. Make sure "Recompress" (in the video settings) is not selected.

Basically you need to make sure nothing changes throughout the entire process.
    ok

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast