Help - Hyperlinks within Data CDs

I need some help really. Want to create Data Cds which have 2 folders and about 50 files within them and hyperlinks from a summary list to each individual file. Want this to allow the CD to be copied and then for hyperlinks to work on anyones PC or laptop?! Tried HTML tutorial but I am not capable of applying to this. Can anyone help in a idiot friendly way!?

Blog Entries

Re: Help - Hyperlinks within Data CDs

You need to use relative links as described on this page. Assuming you put the HTML page at the top level on the CD, your links will look like this:

<a href="folder1/file1.html">File 1</a>
    <a href="folder1/file2.html">File 2</a>
    <a href="folder2/file3.html">File 3</a>
    etc etc
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks Dave

Allister Gage

I need to do something similar, however i have 1000's of files spread of a compilation of CD's. What i want to do is have a master list on one disc, but when a link is clicked that is relevent to another disc i would like a javascript alert or something informing the user to enter the relevent disc number. Anyone have any ideas of how this maybe possible? Would i have to create some form of simple application instead?

Cheers in advance

Allister Gage

Blog Entries

What sort of file name and directory structure are you using? It would be very helpful if you have a consistent system which helps you locate files, for example, including the disc number in the file name.

I'm sure it's possible to create a JavaScript to do what you want, the question is how difficult it will be.

Another option would be to use a client-side JavaScript search engine, although this might be unnecessarily complex.

If you are able to author Flash files, this would be another option.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com