Thread: Forum Stats

Blog Entries

Forum Stats

I see this forum is now in the unusual position of having more members than threads. I tried to avoid this situation by deleting outdated members but it seems that there are indeed a lot of members who do come and read these forums without ever posting.

It is certainly normal for most posts to be made by a small percentage of members but this is the first forum I've been involved in where we actually have more members than discussion topics!

I just want to encourage everyone to think about posting the occasional message - even if you just want to say hi. It would really help our morale to see a bit more activity from registered members

For the record, when I posted this message we had:
    Threads: 1,282
    Members: 1,284
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries

Re: Forum Stats

Interesting info Dave. But what would happened if the postings and activities were to go up as opposed to membership? Would you would always need to expand because you really couldn't get rid of the threads. Does that create more of a technical/financial burden for you?

I'm just asking out of curiousity because I don't know what it takes to run and coordinate a forum like this.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Blog Entries

Re: Forum Stats

Technically we could cope with a lot more activity. Until last year we owned a website which had several hundred new messages per day. It does drain the server resources a bit but we can cope .

The real question is whether we could keep up with answering lots more questions. I already find it difficult to come in here every day (often I can't). We have a small group of people like yourself who contribute hugely but we would need more knowledgeable people if we had a big increase in queries.

I don't see any immediate jump in activity though. More likely it will keep building slowly and steadily like it has over the last year or so.

This is probably a good time to again thank everyone who does participate - your efforts are very much appreciated.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com