PHP variables not expanding properly on this site

I don't know if this problem is already known, but when I registered my username I got the following message:
    Thank you for registering, $username. An email has been dispatched to $email with details on how to activate your account. Click here to return to where you were previously.

You will receive an email in your inbox. You MUST follow the link in that email to complete your registration.
    The text in bold illustrates the problem.

The registration itself went smoothly and worked fine, but I just thought you guys should fix it since it's about the first thing a new user sees about the site and we all know how much first impressions matter

Anyway, I hope this site will remain online and grow for the benefit of those working with media all around the world.

Oh, and first post, yay...

Blog Entries

Re: PHP variables not expanding properly on this site

Hey thanks for that. I wonder how many hundreds of people saw that before someone made the effort to say something .

At regular intervals we upgrade the software which runs the forum. Unfortunately some upgrades change things in ways which affect our templates and I suspect that's what's happened in this case. I try my best to check things after an upgrade but it's so difficult checking absolutely everything.

I will look into this as soon as I can. I have an editing deadline approaching fast so I'd better take care of that first.

Thanks again.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries

Re: PHP variables not expanding properly on this site

Actually I couldn't help myself - I've just had a quick look and fixed the problem.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com