Thread: Videographer

James Nelson

Videographer

Hi I am trying to setup a web site but know nothing about it. Is there a site with templates one can use???
    James

Blog Entries
    There are many template websites available. If you need to get the job done in a hurry, or if your requirements are very simple, this can be a good option. Templates tend to be very limiting though, so don't expect too much.

As for finding one, a quick search should throw up thousands of options.

A word of caution though.... Whenever I hear the sentence "I am trying to setup a web site but know nothing about it" (and I do hear it often), I get a terrible feeling. This sentence normally comes about a month before "I set up a website and now it doesn't work / No-one visits it / I've been blacklisted by search engines / etc etc".

Making a website is not a straightforward thing, despite what some people tell you. If you're only doing it as a hobby then you've got nothing to lose, but if you want a serious website then you need to be very careful. Never attempt to make a business website without experience - it will backfire (save yourself the grief and pay someone to do it).

If it's just for fun though, then by all means have fun with it. You can get started by reading our website tutorials.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com