Ryan Surratt

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS Wierd Problem

Hi Guys,

I have a weird huge problem. I have Photoshop CS. For some reason when I open a jpeg, gif, etc. and then (extract/cut) out the part that I want, I canít save it without a white background. I have used Photoshop before on my old computer and never had this problem.

Note:
    I am not trying to save this for the web.
    I donít need it to fade into transparency.

I just want to extract a certain part of the picture and only save that part so I can put it on other photos or use it in other programs. I have tried in the jpeg area to select (Matte: None, but it is still always white when I save it. I have tried (remove white background) in the layers tabÖ still always white when I save it. I have tried locking the transparency layer and saving it as a gif with transparency checkedÖ Still always white background when I save it. AM I GOING CRAZY. This didnít used to happen.

This problem is new and no modifications have been made to the default settings.

Please help me guys I need to fix this right away. I have clients that are need their stuff.

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS Wierd Problem

Sorry, Ryan. I don't know how to settle your problem, for I am not familiar with PS. But if meeting the problem that I can't solve , I usually uninstall it, and install it again. It's a stupid way, but always works.
    Or could you try another software?

Blog Entries

Re: PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS Wierd Problem

Try this...

Open your file, select the area to extract and copy it.

From the menu, select File>New. In the dialogue window, make sure "Transparent" is selected from the "Background Contents" drop-menu.

Paste the copied image.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com