Thread: Camera Handle

Camera Handle

If this is in the wrong place please don't flame me because I just searched google for a forum like this. I have a JVC GR-SXM37US like the one in this picture:http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:JVC%20GR...der:1991768403 This camera isn't bad but when using a wide angle lens, it's hard to get a good low and steady shot because it has no handle. I was wondering if there was like a universal handle I could buy to attach to the camera or should I just find some velcro straps and rig something up. Any advice is greatly appriciated!

Re: Camera Handle

Here is a great site that will help you alot. It is a $14 or so dollar camera stabilizer. It works perfect, and if you will notice, at the bottom, it has as option to build a low stabilizer. This will give you a lower shot with all the stability. Let me know if thathelps. Thanks

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/

Derek

not exactly what i needed but thsoe are some good ideas, and i got what i needed from it. thanks alot!

Morglor9

Has anyone here on the forum used that homemade steadycam? I know there's testimonials on the site, but I'm wondering what you guys think about it.

well i got my idea from that site but insted of build that big clunky thing im just going to attach the medal "U" and use it as a handle.

I've used the it. It is great in my opinion. Obviously it can't compare the the thousand dollar instruments you can buy, but for the average joe. It does just what you need it too. It's not too heavy either. One thing that I did was put bike grips on it to make it easier to hold. I would give it an A.

Excellent. I may have to build one of those. Or order the kit, because I'm bound to screw it up...