Blue Screen video to Web

Hi everyone!

I'm looking at adding video to a website, where I have some one (head/shoulder shot and or Full body) onto a website. I'm a noob to video editing software but willing to learn what I need to do to get the job done right. I've recently purchased Adobe Premier Elemets 2.0 to do this with. I was told by the sales reps that it would do this no problem. I've yet to dive into it but wanted to get some feed back on approaching this and if in face Elements 2.0 CAN do this!

I want to add video head shots for "message from the author" kinda thing. Then full body motion shots to make the person look like they are there in the webpage walking talking etc.

I currently only have a HI-8 camcorder to work with but may have the opportunity to purchase a DVD/Digita camcorder.

Your feed back is appreciated!

Thanks Kindly,

Robert [FX77]

Blog Entries

Re: Blue Screen video to Web

Yes, Adobe Premiere Elements does do what you want. It's called chroma keying.

You'll be able to do this with Hi8 but MiniDV will work better.

Your biggest challenge is likely to be setting up the studio. You need a nice smooth background in either blue or green (i.e. blue-screen or green-screen) and some control over the lighting. It's most important to have the background very smooth and evenly lit.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Re: Blue Screen video to Web

Great, thanks DAVE!

I was hoping that the package would do the trick! I'm thinking of setting up a wall in the base ment where I can setup a Green Screen. Any suggestions for DIY G/B screens would be great (such as what kind of paint to use, backdrop material etc)

steven black

blue screen

hi im looking for a good program that has blue screen billin to it can u help me .

You might check out Serious Magic's DV Rack and Visual Communicator 2 products. It sounds like they will do EXACTLY what you want, and they're not picky about blue/green screen. They'll even send you a demo CD if you like.