Thread: FLV Files

FLV Files

I have a wmv video (3 MB) I am using Flash 8, and I want to stream this 3 MB video in flash. I use Flash 8 encoder to encode the video. When I encoded my 3 mb video, the quality was worse and the file size was hugh 18.3 mb to be exact. Can someone help with the settings. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Thanks

Derek

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately Flash 8 isn't actually the best Flash encoder. I know that sounds ridiculous, but the Flash encoder only comes with 1-pass encoding which doesn't produce the best results at all. I recommend either Flix Pro or Sorenson Squeeze.

When you do encode, you set the bitrate yourself. If you want the file to be a certain size you need to calculate the necessary bitrate, i.e. the total file size required divided by the number of seconds = bits/second. You set this bitrate in the encoders options and bingo - you get the desired file size (approximately).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

video to flash converter will also do the job.
    and sorenson is very expensive...

Blog Entries
    I've already posted about Video to Flash Converter. "Junky" is yet another person who appears to be one and the same as everyone else who recommends this product. They look very much like forum spammers and I do not recommend that you support them.

As always "Junky", feel free to contact me if you think I'm being unfair.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com