transparency background....

i've tried the links provided and read through the other posting.. and tried several things. still my file is not fully transparent because i end up losing some wording.

here is the file.. can someone do a write up of how you're able to do it? cuz i've tried the magic wand and then hit delete.. but the part "of the New Jersey" will also fade away as well.

Please help. Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Sounds like the settings for the magic wand.

With the wand tool selected, look in the toolbar and set Tolerance to "0" and uncheck the Antialised box.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Louise

help!

I have also had problems with transparent backrounds. I get the picture looking fine, but when I save it as GIF it loses quality and goes all pixelated.

Can u help!

Many Thanks
    Louise x

Quote: Dave
    Sounds like the settings for the magic wand.

With the wand tool selected, look in the toolbar and set Tolerance to "0" and uncheck the Antialised box.
    thanks Dave!! that did most of the trick.

how about if you want to remove some wording from the picture? for example.. what if i want to remove the word "Apacer" from this picture? since the color around the wording has different glares due to the flash, how can i remove the words without making it look like a part of it is missing?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm not experienced with photoshop but i'd probably use the clone tool. Take a sample of the area close by and copy over. Not the best but If the image is only going to be small you wont notice.

Blog Entries
    Yep, that sounds like a good plan.

The key is to thinking about replacing the unwanted part of the image rather than removing it.

In your case you could probably select and copy a rectangular section to the left of the word (make it the same height as the word) and paste it repeatedly across the word.

But I think the clone tool is a good idea.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Help w/ transparency too!

I've tried a variety of ways to knock out backgroups in Photoshop Elements.... in Elements it appears the backgrounds are gone (that checkered background is there). When placing said graphic in a Pagemaker file, the backgrounds are once again opague.... how do I get rid of them???? My service providers can knock them out, but don't seem to be able to assist me... can you?

Blog Entries
    I don't really know Pagemaker so I can't help from that point of view.

What type of file are you saving as (and importing into Pagemaker)?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com