Thread: Just signed up

Just signed up

Though i'd say hi.
    Came across this site while looking for tutorials to help me learn Premiere pro and are very pleased i found it. Great site.

Thanks for making the tutorials they've been a great help.
    I know how time consuming they can be especially the video ones as i've made some for family and friends to help teach them about a few things that can be done with computers.

Cheers, westie.

Blog Entries
    Hey Westie, welcome to the forum and thanks for your nice comments.

I'm just down the road from you in the Waikato.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Hi Dave,
    yeah i noticed your local after having a look around this site. I don't know where you find the time to do it all!

Do you know of any community video clubs/groups up my way or know of where i could find out?.
    Wouldn't mind finding people into the same thing up here (wellsford area) so we can pool or resources etc and help each other to learn and maybe make some short films etc. Very hard when your trying to do it by yourself.

Blog Entries
    I recently came across a site for the Auckland Video Club (or whatever their name is) but now I can't find it. I'm actually planning on compiling a list of NZ clubs soon so if I come up with anything close to you I'll let you know.

Converseley, I'd be happy to hear from you if you find something.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    Actually this is the site I was thinking of....
    www.videomakers.org.nz
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Cool, will check it out. Thanks.

Hey Dave, can't email you so i'll ask here, is it ok to run a link to your site from my site?. It's my first site so it's pretty lame but suprisingly it gets some traffic!

Thought it polite to ask

Cheers, westie.

Blog Entries
    Hey I think it's a cool site. Very nice design. I noticed a couple of minor issues but nothing to get upset about. Pretty damn good first effort.

As for the link - go for your life. The more links we get the better
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dave--New here and complete beginner---I have no cam and no videos in my computer---but want to begin learning editing...is there a place I can down load some video from so I can practice the things I learn here as I plod along???? Thanks....great site...telling my more advanced video friends about it.....

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome to the forum. You're not the first person to ask for practice footage and this isn't the first time I've agreed that it's a good idea. I do intend putting together some practice exercises but I haven't got round to it yet.

In the meantime you could visit http://www.archive.org/details/movies and see if they have something you could use. It's all public domain.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thank you sooooo much....Please let me know if or when you get the practice footage... Will work with this other stuff for now....