Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

720x360 Edition v1.04

v1.04 is now the official release version available from the download page.

This version supports the following new file types: MP3, JPG, GIF, PNG and SWF.

Notes:
    - MP3 files need to have a dur variable in the playlist. This is the duration in seconds, e.g. dur="120"
    - The seekbar does not work with MP3 files (this should be addressed in the next release).
    - GIF files are single-frame only.
    - SWF files have some strict limitations which I will document ASAP. Basically, you need to make sure the movie is designed to play inside another movie.

This version adds the following variables (for more info see Player Variables):
    dfile : Default file which plays automatically when the player loads.
    zoom : Determines whether the auto-zoom option is turned on when the player loads.
    aseq : Determines whether the auto-sequence option is turned on when the player loads.
    aseqd : Determines the order in which files in the playlist will be played when auto-sequence is on.
    imgdur : The time each still image will be displayed when auto-sequence is on (so you can make a slide show).
    swfdur : The time each SWF file will be displayed when auto-sequence is on ("0" causes SWF to be exempt from auto-sequence).
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

hi dave and thanks for the new version!

i tested it out and the new "dfile" does not appear to be working. it was working for me before. i know you changed the name of this (i forget what it was called before) but it's no longer playing the default video file i specify using the dfile var.

aseq appears to work. however, regarding the zoom feature, and not sure why this is, but sometimes my video starts playing in the upper left hand part of the video window or it starts playing and looks distorted. even though the "zoom" button is checked, i have to check it and uncheck it a few times till it finally fills the screen properly. each video seems to be different, so maybe it depends on the source of the encoding of the video, but not sure.

what i think is most important for me is the "dfile" variable. if you could fix that, i can deal with the zoom feature being weird.

if you need any info from me on anything, let me know. thanks!

dave, i looked around more and discovered the res and dur var and seems to fix most of my files. i have one weird video that is 320x137 and the player doesn't like it. i'll have to re-encode to something else and maybe that will work.

still not having any luck with the dfile variable...

Blog Entries
    Oops, I made a mistake in the docs... The dfile variable is a number, not a URL. It's the number of the file in the playlist, for example, if you want to play the first file in the playlist then use dfile=1.

I'll update the documentation immediately. Sorry about that.

This variable replaces defvid, which is obsolete now that the player supports other file types. I also noticed a few problems with using a URL for this variable - the number system is more robust.

If anyone wants to use a file which is not in the playlist, I could possibly add an option to use a URL instead. However this does create some problems and I'd prefer not to do it. I'm also assuming that you would want users to be able to go back and view the default file at any stage in which case it would have to be in the playlist. If it's a big issue let me know and I'll look into it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

yep, that did it. i used dfile=1 and it plays the first file in my playlist. thanks for you help!

download jpg photo

Thanks Dave for the new edition. Is there a download link for the jpg photos in the info? It can open the full-size photo in a blank target browser tab and the viewers can then download it by right-clicking and save target or link as.

aseq

I want to be able to set the "Automatically play clips in sequence" option only for specific folders and subfolders in the playlist. Like for example, a folder with all jpg photos I want this option on but for a folder of large flv files I want this option off to save bandwidth. Is this possible?

The seekbar does not work with MP3 files (this should be addressed in the next release).
    Will eagerly wait for the seekbar to work for the mp3 files.

Download link does not work

Example: http://naam-yoga.org/delme0.html
    A default video will start playing. In the info box, try clicking the download this file link and it goes to ftp folder view of site root instead of downloading the file. It adds the site url in front of the file url so the download link does not work.

Some more imp requests

(1) Horizontal autoscroll when we expand deeper levels of subfolders will be very useful so that viewers dont have to manually horizontally scroll to read the folder and file names which go horizontally out of the playlist panel on the right side. On collapsing the folders, the horizontal autoscroll can return back to it's original. This is very much required as we have presently no way to increase the width of the playlist panel.

(2) An option to reduce the left indent space difference between the main folder and subfolder names. I think the present subfolder indent is too much considering the narrow playlist panel. Within four or five levels, one cannot see the names without horizontal scrolling. Dave, please give an option to choose the indent of the subfolder names or please reduce the indent to the minimum visually possible.

(3) A very important requirement and feature which is present in many flash frontend players is to be able to give an url which will open the player and directly play a particular media file. This is very convenient when we want someone to see a particular video or hear a particular mp3 or see a particular photo in the MC Media player, we can directly give that url instead of having to laboriously go through the process fo telling them the path in the folders and subfolders in the MC player for that particular file. Just for example sake, the url can go like this http://site.com/mcmp720x360_player.swf?filename=xyz.flv or http://site.com/mcmp720x360_player.swf?filenumber=5 which would open the MC Media player and then that particular file would start playing in it. If would be great if the playlist menu autoexpands and syncs with this video or audio or photo being displayed.

(4) When I set 1 as the default flv file to play, it starts playing. But it would be very nice if it syncs with the left playlist panel and also expands to where the file is in the folder heirarchy.

(5) A RSS feed for the new aditions to the playlist so that one does not have to inform everyone manually for each video or mp3 or photo added. There are also many good options for converting RSS to email so one can even link the RSS feed to send out a daily email of all the new additions to the MC Media player.

Other requests:

An option to zoom in and zoom out for photos like fotoplayer.
    An option to resize the width of the playlist panel (sorry for repitition).
    Search option for folder and file names and descriptions. (sorry for repitition).
    An option to set a background music playlist when the videos, audios or photos are being viewed in the main window.
    Last edited by hurry; 11th May 2006 at 07:57.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast