Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

dfile

Quote: Dave
    Define it by name or playlist number.
    Yes, thankyou, that will do perfectly as I need the option to put the specific playlist flv file name in the html code for the player.

Have it automatically highlighted in the playlist, and play automatically.
    That's what it does already I guess.

Have it automatically highlighted in the playlist, but not play automatically.
    Yes, that is the precise thing I wanted to conserve bandwidth.

Do not include it in the playlist at all.
    I guess that is what djmadclass wanted and that will be nice.

There are a few complications with providing all these options. It's possible that there will be some limitations but I'm not sure yet.
    I really hope that at least the first and the third are possible. Thankyou.

The MP3 seekbar thing is taking a while because I'm having to re-write all the seekbar code from the ground up.
    Oh thankyou so much for doing it. I hope the mp3 total duration problem will also be solved with it.
    Last edited by hurry; 14th Jun 2006 at 10:55.

ok, im lost but l like the way "defvid" was because it played before the playlist. which is great for me because i can have it play an ad and then the playlist.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies, that clarifies things. I am working on this but it's more involved than I'd hoped. I think I'm going to have to re-write a fair bit of code. Please bear with me, I've got a lot on my plate at the moment but I'm working on it as often as I can.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    Quick update: I think I've got the dfile working with all the options and I'm moving into the preliminary testing stage. There are bound to be a few bugs to iron out but it looks promising. If all goes well I might be able to post a new version within the next day or two.

This version only addresses the dfile options - I haven't started on the other things yet.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quick update: I think I've got the dfile working with all the options and I'm moving into the preliminary testing stage. There are bound to be a few bugs to iron out but it looks promising. If all goes well I might be able to post a new version within the next day or two.
    That's really cool. Will eagerly wait for the release. Thanks Dave.

This version only addresses the dfile options - I haven't started on the other things yet.
    Thanks. I hope the mp3 seekbar and total duration probem will be solved next.

Blog Entries
    I've posted a test version here:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/flash/me...360_player.swf

I would have liked to test this a bit more but I've been called away from home so I won't get time for any more testing today. I thought I'd let you have a look anyway.

The dfile will now accept either a number or URL.

A new variable called dfileaction determines how the dfile behaves. There are three options:
    dfileaction=1 : The file is selected in the playlist and plays automatically (default).
    dfileaction=2 : The file is selected in the playlist but does not play automatically.
    dfileaction=3 : The file plays automatically but is not selected in the playlist.

There are still a few very minor bugs in this system which I'll sort out before the next release. Nothing serious that I'm aware of.

As a side-effect of this change I've also been able to add the option to play user-defined URLs. Click the Options button to see this in action.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

dfile

I've posted a test version here:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/flash/me...360_player.swf

The dfile will now accept either a number or URL.
    Thanks. I just forgot to mention this to you previously. I am planning to have a folder of the name This Month's Videos on the top of my playlist so that regular visitors can easily know what is new. My plan was to put the same video fie url in this Month's Videos and also in the playlist folder category where it is supposed to go and stay. After a month I will remove the file from the This Month's Videos folder but it will always stay in it's playlist category folder. So in this case when the file url is two times in the playlist which one will the dfile select in the playlist? I wanted it to select the second one as that is where the video will always be there in playlist but I guess this may not be possible.

I will test it and let you know. Thanks. The photos and mp3 do not seem to be working in your demo player which I tried now in firefox. Maybe the server is down temporarily.

As a side-effect of this change I've also been able to add the option to play user-defined URLs. Click the Options button to see this in action.
    Oh, I saw it and that's really cool and a pleasant surprise.

Blog Entries
    Quote: hurry
    I wanted it to select the second one as that is where the video will always be there in playlist but I guess this may not be possible.
    No, I'm afraid you're right. It will pick up the first instance.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    Just want to let you know I still haven't been able to get the seekbar going with MP3 files. Unfortunately I've been sidetracked with another issue - the problem of IE putting up the "Click here to activate" message. Lots of people are complaining about it so I had to do something to sort it out.

The next release, due very soon, mostly involves the fix for this problem using an external JavaScript file. As a side-effect, I've built in the ability to link directly to a file as suggested previously by hurry, e.g. mypage.html?dfile=myfile.flv. I've been testing this out and it's a very useful addition.

Anyway, I promise that the MP3 seekbar will be my first priority after this release.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

seekbar

Just want to let you know I still haven't been able to get the seekbar going with MP3 files. Unfortunately I've been sidetracked with another issue - the problem of IE putting up the "Click here to activate" message. Lots of people are complaining about it so I had to do something to sort it out. The next release, due very soon, mostly involves the fix for this problem using an external JavaScript file.
    That's cool. I also thought it was an annoyance but could live with it.

As a side-effect, I've built in the ability to link directly to a file as suggested previously by hurry, e.g. mypage.html?dfile=myfile.flv. I've been testing this out and it's a very useful addition.
    That's great news. Will this work also for jpg and mp3 files?

Anyway, I promise that the MP3 seekbar will be my first priority after this release.
    Thanks. No worries. Will wait for it. To see you always developing the player is so satisfying. After the mp3 seekbar, please consider the download links for mp3 and jpg, set slideshow only for a specific folder, playlist generator, decrease playlist items indent, resizability, and adding the Search box plugin for filenames and descriptions in the near future will be the other very useful additions for long playlists.
    Last edited by hurry; 1st Jul 2006 at 06:00.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast