Help locating a cable...

Hi there!

I am hoping someone here can help me. After dusting off some old relics in my attic, I came across an old (understatement!) JVC GR-AX2 Videomovie camcorder, that my wife and I bought on our honeymoon in Tenerife. The kit is in full working order together with a decent battery and charger. However, the kit seems to have lost its AV cable over the years.

I was hoping that someone here could advise upon a suitable cable to use for this, or if not, try and point me in the direction that may be able to help.

Regards

Christopher Smith

Are you wanting to transfer your old tapes onto your computer or dvd disc's?

If so, do you have a digital camcorder. Some digital camcorders can work as a bridge to convert your analogue signal to digital.

Another option is the one i have and that is a TV card.

Once you know what/how your going to do it then you just buy a cable to suit your needs from any good electrical shop.

If thats what your intending on doing.
    A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only cling film for shorts.
    The shrink says, 'Well, I can clearly see you're nuts.'

Hi Westie, and thanks for your quick reply!

Sad as it may seem, I actually want to continue using the camcorder I have to record more, and use it directly to view the images on a TV. What I was really looking for was an 8pin AV connection for the camcorder end, and 3-way AV phono cables at the other to connect to the TV.

Being that I'm on a (small) budget, and the little *cough*angels*cough* have broken my VCR, my options are limited, hence why I thought I would head for the cable. You said I could get it from any good electrical shop? All the ones around me just looked at the GR-AX2, looked at me and laughed until I left the shop... it is quite an old model!

If it's just a standard s/video to compasite/rca cable then you can get one from Dick Smiths or if your in the usa then RadioShack.

If its not then check out the auction sites. Ebay etc.
    Old analogue cameras like mine and yours go for dirt cheap these days and you'd probably get the whole package (camera, cables, charger etc) for next to nothing.
    Probably alot cheaper than having to source and buy an oem replacement cable.

Ahh, just checked your profile and your in the UK so not sure of the electrical depots like Dick Smiths (Oz & NZ) or Radio Shack (USA) that you have over there.)
    A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only cling film for shorts.
    The shrink says, 'Well, I can clearly see you're nuts.'