Recording Quality

Hi,

Im thinking about buying a JVC HD100, and I want to record some audio on an external system, to pick up stuff like radio mics and boom from a distance to the camera. So I was thinking about using an MP3 player/recoder: the iRiver H320se as I think it records quite high quality?

~What kind of audio quality is used in features?

Check out the stats: http://www.iriver.at/fileadmin/uploa...00_english.pdf

Does anyone have any comments?

Cheers
    If I advance, follow me. If I stop, push me. If I fall, inspire me.

The device you mention does not seem to have a Mic in. You wuld have to use some kind of preamp to go into the line in port. The built in microphone I would not trust.

Blog Entries
    An MP3 that is high quality? Maybe so among it's kind but in comparison to recorders used in the video or film features is not at all possible (imho). The quality of audio that is recorded during shoots at the most is processed with Dolby and THAT'S IT!

MP3 is a consumer convience, it's wasn't meant for quality of mastering. Audio cds take up too much space but by cutting down alogrithmically with compression, you keep what's useable and throw away the rest.

Last edited by SC358; 11th Aug 2005 at 00:15.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

[COLOR=Indigo]Absolutely. MP3 is just consumer science. Why don't you have a look at this http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html The list price is $ 500

Blog Entries
    A very nice piece of equipment that does both WAV & MP3, uncompressed and compress formats. There will be hell to pay for the operator who makes the mistake of mastering an event as an MP3 file and not as a WAV. Btw, any MP3 doesn't do so well when imported into Final Cut Pro, not sure about Premier.
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Jvc Hd100ua

The Camera has 2 xlr inputs. You can go wireless or use the shotgun mic supplied. You can also you a separate D-voice recorder and sync up in Adobe Prem Pro 2.

I use Adobe Production Studio Prem which has Audition included.

You have multiple options with this camera as you can see.

I shoot in 24p, Adobe allows direct capture. I get my new FS-4 HD shipped out on Monday as I have been on backorder...I can't wait!