Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Bill - looks great!
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Nice! Suggestions and possible Bug.

Wow... I've reveiwed every possible video player in existance... but none fit my needs. I finally find one that mostly does and it's...well... free!... right? :-) It's specifically the folders that I needed.. ie.. being able to subdivide videos into separate folders.

I found a bug (I think). In the js file, when I set "zoom" equal to 1 or "1", it does not seem to work. In addition, the "expand smaller clips to fit screen" does not seem to stay. I have to click it 3 times during the video in order to get it to expand and center.

Suggestions.

1) is there a way to eliminate the "options" button from the player (or an option to remove options?
    2) is there a way to change the screen size? THat is, most everything I do is 4:3... and I need to reduce the size of the screen as I don't have enough real estate for the current size.
    2) It there a way to change the info box on the bottom to actually make it look like you have it here (3rd one on right.. green) without having to convert text/image to swf?: http://www.mediacollege.com/flash/media-player/720x360/

Thanks much!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi wmena and thanks for the comments

I had a quick look into the bugs you report but I couldn't replicate them. Any chance you could show me the URL? I'm sorry I'm quite busy at the moment but I'll have a look ASAP if you like.

Quote: wmena
    1) is there a way to eliminate the "options" button from the player (or an option to remove options?
    I knew it was only a matter of time before someone asked for that . Unfortunately it's not possible at the moment but I'll definitely add it to the to-do list. I can see the need to specify which options are displayed.

2) is there a way to change the screen size?
    No, not at this stage. It's something I'd like to include but it will probably be a long time before I get that far with this project.

2) It there a way to change the info box on the bottom to actually make it look like you have it here (3rd one on right.. green) without having to convert text/image to swf?
    I'll look into this and get back to you. I can't remember if I enabled support for image files there - if not I'll add it to the next version. You'll be able to use jpg, png and gif files.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Quote: Dave
    Hi wmena and thanks for the comments

I had a quick look into the bugs you report but I couldn't replicate them. Any chance you could show me the URL? I'm sorry I'm quite busy at the moment but I'll have a look ASAP if you like.
    Sure... http://www.wmena.com/mc

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone asked for that . Unfortunately it's not possible at the moment but I'll definitely add it to the to-do list. I can see the need to specify which options are displayed.
    Ok.. thanks! Maybe if the issue above was working correctly for me, then this would not be a big deal.

No, not at this stage. It's something I'd like to include but it will probably be a long time before I get that far with this project.
    Fair enough.

I'll look into this and get back to you. I can't remember if I enabled support for image files there - if not I'll add it to the next version. You'll be able to use jpg, png and gif files.
    No biggie. Subsequent to this, I figured out how to take an image and convert it to swf. I have the infobox turned off right now.

Blog Entries
    Your video clip doesn't have valid metadata. To fix the resizing problem you'll need to either:
    (1) enter the size and duration of the clip into the playlist (instructions here), or
    (2) re-encode the clip with an encoder that adds metadata.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Your video clip doesn't have valid metadata. To fix the resizing problem you'll need to either:
    (1) enter the size and duration of the clip into the playlist (instructions here), or
    (2) re-encode the clip with an encoder that adds metadata.
    See... I knew there was a simple reason! :-)

I'll give it a try!

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Just want to let everyone know that I'm making slow but steady progress on the seekbar for MP3 files. Sorry I haven't finished yet, I'm afraid I've got a few bills to pay at the moment and I've had to spend a lot of time on other work. I'm getting there though and I hope to release a new test version before too long.

The next version should also have a basic option for users to resize the playlist.

I checked out the Info Screen image thing and you can indeed specify an image file to use in the Info Screen.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Hi Dave,

Since you can add "jpg" files to the info screen, is there any way to loop multiple jpg files in the same screen? If so, what would the code for the "definfo" field look like for adding multiple files?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately that's not possible using only jpg files. That option would add too much weight and complexity to the player.

The only way to do it is to create a definfo swf file which does the looping. Are you able to create swf files?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Blog Entries
    Quote: James
    Thanks for releasing this latest version, and for the javascript implementation. It makes it very easy to make corrections and modifications.

I did notice one problem: The player fails to play audio files that have an apostrophe in the name (e.g., Don't Get Me Wrong.mp3). Problem files play normally when I rename them and remove the apostrophes from the <file label> and <url> tags in the playlist.

Cheers and thanks always,

James
    Sorry it's taken me a while to respond to this James. I've had a quick look to see if there's anything I can do about this and the short answer is no, at least not at the moment.

I should point out that using special characters in file names is not good practice. On the Internet it's a definite no-no as it causes all sorts of problems. The rule of thumb for Internet files is to use only letters, numbers, hyphens and underscores. Don't even use spaces (you can replace them with hyphens or underscores).

Having said this, I know some people will always use special characters so I have added this issue to the to-do list. It's possible I might be able to come up with a workaround. In the meantime I've added a warning message which appears when you try to use a playlist that includes special characters, so at least people will know what's happening and what to do.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast