A/V Setup for Interviews

In the near future, I will be purchasing a set of equipment for producing on-site interviews, roughly 5 minutes in length, that will be converted into streaming video (most likely FLV) for the web.

I am looking for advice on what sort of equipment I will need for this purpose. I realize this is a very big question - I am looking to cover video, lighting, and audio. I am confident in the post-production / editing department.

Currently, we are looking into a Panasonic AX-DVC30 camera. Past this, I have only vague ideas of what I will need.

As for an audio setup, would you suggest recording the audio seperate from the video (say, onto a laptop) through a FireWire mixer such as the Roland FA-66, or through a portable mixer and directly into the camera?

Mostly, I'm looking to get clean audio and a decent picture - obviously if this is going on the web as streaming video, I'm not looking for HD quality picture, nor 5.1 Surround Sound.

I do, however, want to get crisp audio with clear voices and a little background noise for atmosphere (so it doesn't sound so much like a studio recording voice-over) If someone shifts in their chair, I want to pick it up, but not drown out the rest of the audio with the A/C vents in the ceiling or someone coughing down the hall. Will lap mics do this for me, or will I need a boom for the ambient sound? If I have a decent boom, will I even need the lap mics?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

(Also posted in the Video forum because this is both an audio and video question)

Definately use external mics. I use lavs (Sennhiesers and Shures)when I can through a small mixer (homemade) into a portable 4-track digital recorder (Edirol) slaved to the camara's SMPTE output. I also use a boom mic on track 2, and mix it later in Avid, using a top secret (Wave Rennaisance) plug-in package to get Hollywood quality sound.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'