Noob needs linear editing refresher

Just got to a new station, and have to dust off my linear editing skills. Can anyone point me to a resource that provides machine-to-machine editing tutorials, specifically for BETA/DVCPro decks?
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    oo-eer, linear editing . I feel for you.

We have a linear editing primer but I'm afraid it will be too basic for your needs. To be honest I considered doing a more advanced tutorial but canned it for two reasons:
    (1) Hardly anyone has a need for such a tutorial any more (they either already know this stuff or will never need to know it).
    (2) It's been a long time since I've done it myself. We still have a small linear edit suite at work but it never gets used.

I'm sure you've searched and found what I did when I searched just now - most results for "linear editing" actually show up results for "non-linear editing". There doesn't seem to be much out there and I couldn't find anything appropriate for your needs.

All I can suggest is that if you have any questions, try them here. I know that's not what you were looking for

It sounds like you have done linear editing before. If so, I can't imagine that it would be too hard to get back into the swing of things. I guess it's mostly a headspace thing rather than any technical knowledge - getting back into the idea that you can't move clips around would take a bit of adjustment.

I'm also assuming that the editing requirements can't be too difficult. Surely they aren't asking you to edit normal programming content on a linear system?

In any case, as I said, I feel for you!
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com