Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on this camera

Hi i have a very little budget to buy a camera and have been looking at this camcorder

Panasonic NV-GS27 NVGS27
    http://www.digital-cameras.com/camco...ct_description

It seems alright. What do you think?? Also what does it mean by
    Capture Device 1/6CCD x 3(800k Total)
    does that mean its 3ccd? I know that may sound stupid but i know nothing about camera and since it says x3 i guessed it may be.

I'm not sure what they mean by the 1/6 x 3 ccd as that model only has the one ccd. My friend has one as for a basic digital video camera its a good camera. It doesn't have many options but if you just want to video home movies, birthdays etc and transfer it to your computer for editing ready for burning to dvd then its a good camera.

If your not intested in editing your videos and just want to put them onto dvds then your probably better off getting a dvd video camera but in my opinion half the fun is in the editing of the video.
    A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only cling film for shorts.
    The shrink says, 'Well, I can clearly see you're nuts.'

hello, jeshe0
    In my point of view, 3ccd means the video has three ccd. Generally, the professional video will use it, so the quality is much better, while it's more expensive than average digital video camera.

Also,if you want to edit the video,I recommend xilisoft video converter 3.1 to you, it's a a good multi-functional tool.
    I really like it!

more spam lol?

Blog Entries
    Ahh, our old friend Xilisoft, the habitual forum-spammer. DO NOT use Xilisoft!

Maybe someone could tell these people that their forum-spamming is backfiring?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Just ban there ip address from ever getting onto the forums. That will fix them, until they get another hard drive and that will cost them money that I am sure they will not want to spend. And yes it is back firing as more and more people start to see what is happening. It is seriously hurting the product not helping it.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately they use anonymisers so we can't ban IP addresses.

I'm not sure about Xilisoft, but I do know that many of these companies employ other people to do the spamming for them. I've heard of scams where they promise to pay people to visit forums promoting their products but they never pay up. It makes it impossible to automate any sort of moderation - I just have to be vigilant and delete offending messages.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Dave, you're the Admin here, can't you just close spammers member accounts?

About the camera: I'm not sure what the 1/6" CCD x3 means, but in this case I can assure you that this camera does not have 3 CCD technology. Panasonic consumer-level 3CCD cameras cost roughly $800-$1000, not $200. Also, they all say 3CCD on the side of the lens barrel and are in the PVGS series (though not all PVGS cameras have 3CCD's), not the NVGS series.

If you're on a tight budget, the NVGS27 appears to be a decent camera. I can't speak for the visual quality of its recordings, but the specs on that page, assuming their accurate, appear to be good for a $200 camera. I would suggest looking at the Panasonic webpage though, and possibly reading some independant reviews (ie, not from the manufacturer or an online store, but someplace like camcorderinfo.com).

Blog Entries
    Quote: Morglor9
    Dave, you're the Admin here, can't you just close spammers member accounts?
    I do. I also ban their email addresses from re-registering. It only slows them down - they are used to doing battle with forum moderators and they just keep coming back with new email addies.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast