How to create progresive downloading flash movie

I am new to flash and reading over the flash matter. I am very much confused over a issue.

How to create a progressive downloading flash?
    I am referring here to method in which swf calls flv. The flv must get progressively downloaded.

My doubts are -
    1. Do we generate a flv in special way to make it progressive?
    2. OR the flash player we use (swf) to call flv should have such settings?

Please help.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Any flv file will play as a progressive download unless you are using a special streaming server. Basically you just need to create an flv file and use a player to play it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Thanks

Dave - Thanks a ton for quick help and clarifying.

Where can I get a good flash player with playlist and other fuctiobnalities. I would also like to modify it to test various buffer sizes for my movies.

Blog Entries
    We have a free Flash player here. Although you can't modify the file itself, you can set certain variables including the buffer time. It might be enough to get you started and experiment a bit.

Other than that, I don't know of any players which let you modify the file. You could try flashkit.com - they are bound to have something you could play with.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

player for older flash version

I like the MC player but I need to have my content viewed by people with older flash programs. Can you recommend a player? Currently I have the demo version of Flix and the help file mentions that the paid version comes with a variety of players. Do you know if these players can play flv files to be viewed on computers running pre-flash 8?

thanks,

Kay

Blog Entries
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that Flix is heavily oriented towards version 8+ because that's the version that adopted their codec.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com