Dave, I hava a question for you buddy :-)

I was searching for an instruction how to convert video to flash but couldn't find it. I have Macromedia Flash MX

Do I have to convert video into .mov then import to flash then what's next... ? How to create playback bar

Thanks a lot buddy

Blog Entries
    Hi Techie,

The following page has links to some instructions:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/flash/video/tutorial/

.... but the Macromedia Flash option assumes you have version 8. Flash video made a huge improvement with v8 - so much so that working with older versions is now quite a limitation.

Anyway, the best way to convert is to use a third-party encoder. Even if you have Flash 8 you're still better off using one of these encoders.

You shouldn't need to convert to mov. Hopefully you can convert directly from your existing files to Flash flv.

I you want to make your own video player I would strongly recommend Flash 8 rather than MX. It deals with video much better and has more options for creating video functionality.

If you don't want to make your own player you can download one, such as our free video player.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Hey dave, have you tried a encoding program called "Super C". A friend put me onto it and it's a great program and it's free
    It encodes into any format including flash. It's about a 20+mb download but it's very good. Have a look and see. Wont post the link but do a search for it in google. The download link for it is at the bottom of the sites page.

Cheers, Westie.
    A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only cling film for shorts.
    The shrink says, 'Well, I can clearly see you're nuts.'

Blog Entries
    Thanks for that one Westie. I installed it and had a bit of a play - it seems to work fine. The only limitations I saw were that it only does 1-pass encoding (I think - I stand to be corrected) and it doesn't add metadata to FLV files. But it handles a lot of formats and.... it's free

I'm going to add it to our list of suggested encoders.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com