Thread: XL 1 display

XL 1 display

2 questions for anybody who can help.

1. On my Xl 1 while in manual mode the video output sends the video signal with all of the record info displayed over it (i.e. exactly what you see in the viewfinder) How can i turn this off so that it is sending only video while in manual mode?

2. On my Xl 1s i noticed that while recording to tape, if I zoom while shooting a "zoom" noise is recorded on my audio tracks. Does anybody else's do that or do I need to get this fixed?

Please help
    -jroach

Blog Entries
    Hi jroach -
    I can't resolve #1 for you except to look in the manual if you have one. If not, I'm sure there are some members who have the Canon XL-1 who can let you know what to do, othwerwise check the Manuals Forum for postings.

Imho on #2, there is something wrong. Any camera manufacturer that has that problem will lose business big time for marketing/selling useless equipment. If you want to confirm if you have a problem, go to a store that demo's your camera model and make a recording and check the playback.

Good luck!
    SC358
    Relationships are based on compromises - behavior accepted is behavior repeated.

Check out this site for a possible solution:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/