Blog Entries

Reuters photographer alters photos

A freelance Lebanese photographer by the name of Adnan Hajj has been caught doctoring photographs of the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah. Reuters, who the photographer was working for and had previously supplied hundreds of photos to, is very strict on such things and immediately withdrew all Hajj's photos from their database.

The thing that gets me is why anyone would risk doing this. Presumably to bolster sympathy for their own point of view, but I ask you, what advantage did this guy think he was getting from the doctoring shown below? Not to mention the poor technical effort on his part.

Anyway, good to see Reuters acting swiftly and decisively.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

What was he trying to do? I see the difference, but I don't see what he was trying to do...

Dave....

Where did you find this? this is awesome. I feel that in the first one the smoke looks a bit brown and dust like.....and i also feel that he feels that the "out of touch American" would feel more sympathy if the smlke looks like smoke.

That is what i feel has happned
    Manoni Productions
    Pass me another beer...You are still ugly!

Blog Entries
    I found the photos on CNN.com. The story was reported on a few different sites - I think I first saw it on BBC.co.uk.

What a clown, throwing away a great photojournalism career.... for what??
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com