Making title templates for premiere

How do you make your own title templates for premiere pro?.

I've tried making a template in photoshop and loading it in the titler but it wouldnt accept it.
    Saving the photoshop image with a titler template file name didnt work either.

I want to be able to make a template to be used in a project im working on.
    A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only cling film for shorts.
    The shrink says, 'Well, I can clearly see you're nuts.'

Blog Entries
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I've tried those options but it only lets me import an image with the .prtl file name. I can't import an image made in photoshop.
    The only way i can do it is to import the image made in photoshop into premiere and overlay it with the text made in titler. Or, do the whole thing, text included, in photoshop.
    A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only cling film for shorts.
    The shrink says, 'Well, I can clearly see you're nuts.'

Blog Entries
    Oh right, I see. Basically you have to create the title in Premiere, save the title and then import it as a template. For simple titles this is easy enough but if you want graphics and stuff then it's a bit trickier. As I understand it, these are your options...

(1) Create the title entirely in the Premiere Title Designer, using the text and drawing tools. I've never really used the drawing tools as it's easier in Photoshop, but I believe you can actually do a reasonable amount with them.

(2) Create the graphics as a Photoshop file and use a workaround to import the file into the Title Designer. In the Title Designer, right-click anywhere in the title and select Logo > Insert Logo. Select your photoshop file and see what happens. If luck is on your side the Photoshop file will be imported and you're in business. I have found that not all files will import correctly like this but most are fine.

Once you have your title looking good, save it. Then open the title templates window, click the fly-out menu and select Import File As Template.

I think I've got this right - let me know if it doesn't make sense or doesn't work. This method is just something I stumbled across and it seems to work for me. If anyone has a better approach it would be good to hear it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com