Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Fox's "Did We Land on the Moon?"

It's not easy. It might be worth asking in the forums at www.badastronomy.com.

-dave

sandeep

Re: Fox's

please send me the "Conspiracy Theory" which was shown in fox channel in February 15th 2001 (and replayed on March 19). on a program called ``Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?''

Blog Entries

We don't sell TV programs. Someone else was asking where to find a copy but it doesn't look like it's commercially available.

Sadly, the damn thing keeps showing up on reruns so you'll probably find it sooner or later.

John

I downloaded the documentary with Bit Torrent from www.suprnova.org

Some of the evidence they showed there were pretty convincing, but most was kinda sketchy. I believe there is a posibility for the whole thing being faked.
    In 1959 the russians landed on the moon, without humans though. Taking the lead in the space race. USA were like "oh shit we gotta do something better" and about 10 years later they landed on the moon with humans. USA were behind the Russians in space technology and suddently after 10 years they were able to send humans up there. 10 years is a lot of time to develop the technology, but why didnt the russians do it? lack of technology? lack of resources? lack of guts? They had the technology first to send stuff to the moon and after 10 years of researching they too should be able to sendt humans up there. guts, well they are russians. guts they have! my guess is resources. i dont know if russia didnt have the resources or not. but they wasted alot of time and all that on military.

Flag Waving

Yeah it will wave when you try to plant the flag into the surface with twisting it back and forth. But there is no way the flag can wave like that without some kind of wind, no matter how little gravity there is on the moon. it folds upwards just because some guy is twisting it into the ground? I really dont think so.

The Lighting

There are 2 sources of light. The sun and the earth. a third source? the moon? well its the same as snow. doesnt reflect enough to light up anything. white reflects better than grey so if white doesnt reflect enough grey wont. so for the people being totally visible when the sun was behind. well the earth must have been in front of him. as for the different angles on the shadows of the rocks and all that. the sun will make objects have a clear shadow. the earth will make object have a softer shadow because it doesnt give out so much light and the when at a different angle the sun will most likely cancal out the shadow made by the earth.
    if not, why doesnt the objects have 2 shadows? ever watched a soccer match? sometimes the lights over the field makes the soccer players have 2-4 shadows. some stronger than the others because the other lights will soften the shadows or even cancal 1 or 2 out. so the posibility of additional lighting(which they didnt have) is there.

Backgrounds

The picture with the LEM had the same background as a picture where the LEM wasnt in.. how is that possible? i doubt there are 2 places in a small area that is so similiar.

Tempeture

Ralph Rene said that in the shadow on the moon it was 250 below 0 and out of the shadow it was 250 above 0. dont know if that is true, if it is then wouldnt they need a suit that could change the tempeture from cold to warm? if they only had it to protect them from the heat. wouldnt it be extra cold in the shadow? it would.

Sloppy muscles

16 day trip total back and forth + days on the moon would make their muscles sloppy without training. i bet they cant train in that little spacecraft. but when they arraived on earth they were just fine. waving and smiling. "16+ days isnt that long". well the people who live on space stations for longer periods of time have to train everyday.

A lot of people at NASA had to know about it

Well not exactly. Only a the important people and they who are loyal to them needed to know. the people who work there and they that recieve the radio and video transmissions and controls that could just have gotten the transmission from where it was faked. which is supposedly area 51.

No more moon landings?

Between 1969 and 1972 there were 6 moon landings. in the 30+ years that have past they have only sent robots up there, why send robots up there when they have supposedly better technology and have sent people up there before? its probably because its cheaper, but NASA isnt broke right? so why send robots instead of people? weird...

These are just my thoughts after reading about what the hoax theory supporters have said and what the people who believe in the moon landing have said. Its not my attempt to support that it is a haox. I really dont care if they did land or not. would be better if they did and i hope they did.

Blog Entries

Hi John,

Most of these issues are covered at:
    http://www.dave.co.nz/space/moon-hoax

-dave

RPJ

Look I work on advanced electronics in many cars, trucks, planes, ect. I live about 5 miles from NASA, I've seen the space craft in person, the technology in the 60's was CRAPY, c'mon man did you even have a color tv then?..What about a nice digital watch? or how about a pocket video game..? NO>>>because the technology sucked. This Big hunk of CRAP NEVER WENT TO THE MOON. the main control panel has about 200 toggle switches,OLD JEWEL lights, some buttons, and some other goofy looking crap. LET ME TELL YOU ALL... switches,lights,relays,and fancy buttons dont take you to the MOON. The only way that thing could get to the moon, was if they put it in a giant canon and shot it to the moon.
    the space shuttle goes to an altitude of around 400 miles. and its a gamble if they make it back alive..WITH TODAYS TECHNOLOGY.
    ......but in the summer of 69, america launched a metal hunk of crap, somehow guided it 250,000 miles away, landed it, played golf,went for a drive,made a movie, and had enough fuel to relaunch, and guide another 250,000 miles to earth. and the whole world ate it up. Well I don't..... If you believe they really did go,
    sit on your roof tonight, look at the moon, and really think about it...and give your pet sasquash a beer.
    I know you feel cheated, so you dont want to admit they did not go,or you want to hold on to the belief that you got to see a man land on the moon. believe what you want. the truth is there..
    right on NASA road 1, right off of 45 south. In Houston.

Blog Entries

The problem with your argument is that it is entirely emotive. There are no facts at all. Are we supposed to believe that the Apollo missions couldn't fly because you think they don't look like they could fly? Please... base your arguments on facts, not speculation.

The technical aspects of the mission have been argued endlessly in various forums. Many people have tried to show that the rockets couldn't work - none have succeeded. On the other hand any secondary physics teacher can show exactly how these rockets can fly to the moon.

This whole argument has been done to death. All the original "evidence" has been debunked and there has been no substantial new evidence for years. The moon hoax conspiracy theory is on its death bed - the hoax theorists are just trying to steal as much money as they can with their fraudulent books and videos before we return to the moon and finish the debate once and for all.

Yet again, here is my link to some more objective arguments about the moon hoax:
    http://www.dave.co.nz/space/moon-hoax

chicken
    how could you possibly think it was fake? they sent 6 missiong to the moo(i'm pretty shur 6 but maby less) and yes money was an issue because it was multiple hundreds of billiuons of dollars to launch one saurn rocket.
    anywas peaking of hat, if it was fake why would they spen the money to do that? and why wouldent the russians who tracked the missions, reported they were fake considering it was the space race?

and there are no magnetic storms on the moon, only in the earth atmosphere and radiation is easily blocked out by lead wich everything was equiped with then. the technologie was fine but if it was a fake wouldent of nasa done a better ob anyways?

confused

Russians?

did the russians not land on the moon befor the americans? i would like to know more about that and how many russians walked on the moon befor the americans if they did at all. please help me with my question. :!: :!: :?:

Blog Entries

Re: Russians?

Quote: confused
    did the russians not land on the moon befor the americans?
    No. The Russians sent unmanned missions to the moon but they gave up on their planned manned missions in the 60s. Russia has never since had any serious plans to go to the moon.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast