Thread: Web CEO report

Web CEO report

Finally, after 8 months, google has picked up my website. BUT I installed Web CEO and it has given me a whole list of errors when I optimized my sight including Your keyword isn't present in the URL! The keyword is my URL!!! anyone?.

Blog Entries
    What's the URL and keyword in question?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

URL = www.dreamweavervideo.co.uk
    Keyword = dreamweavervideo

Blog Entries
    Oh right, I know that website

First of all, yes the keyword is obviously in the domain name so I don't know what Web CEO is thinking. I've never used it myself so I don't know how reliable it normally is. I might ask a few people for their opinions on it.

Secondly, and more importantly, it's important to optimise for the correct keywords. You may already know this but I'll continue anyway...

While you obviously want people to find you if they are searching for "dreamweavervideo", that's probably not the best way to lure new people to your website. People who search for "dreamweavervideo" already know your name and are specifically looking for your site (as an aside, that's how I found your site yesterday and you are already #1 on Google for that search term).

The point I'm making is that you probably want to attract new customers who don't know to search for "dreamweavervideo". These people will be searching for things like "wedding video" or "wedding video in Walton-on-Thames". The idea is to make sure you are optimising for the same keywords that people are searching for.

A great tool for this sort of thing is the keyword suggestion tool at http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/. You enter a topic (e.g. "wedding video") and it gives you a sample of similar terms that have been searched for in the last month. Make sure you select UK as the region.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com