All slices with transparent backgound

Hello,
    I have a PSD and I want to save all the slices I created on it in transparent background pictures. Is it possible?

I have a PSD in which there is mostly text and I want to save the images of these text with a transparent background.

Well I tried alot of methods. One of the thing i tried is to delete the background layer of the PSD and then save for web. in the new window it asked me to save this in which format for web I selected gif not jpg but in the resultant pictures of slices its aves them as jpg not gifs.

I want a quick method that create the backgrounds of all slices as transparent because working individually with each image after wards also damped the quality a little.

I hope I will get solution...
    Thanks
    Junaid

Blog Entries
    See the following page:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/graphics...f/save-as.html

Look at the screenshot in the "Save For Web" paragraph. I'm picking that you don't have GIF selected in the format drop-menu. Give that a try and see how you go.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

is it really possible?

Thanks Dave,
    I TRIED THE OPTIONS as you specified but again it is saving the images in .jpg format and with white background but I want my background to be transparent for all the slices.

Bye the way is it really possible to save all the slices with transparent background collectively?

Thanks
    Junaid

Blog Entries
    It's definitely possible - I just tried a test and it worked fine. It saved all the slices as GIFs in a nice neat folder with transparency intact.

Are you able to upload your file with your reply so I can see it?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Help!

First off..Im new to this site and to photoshop7 AND I apologise for hijacking this thread! But i need help...I hav scanned a picture grayscale and bitmap (b/c Im not sure what will work best). I want to make the background transparent and also need to change the image to a one color (blue). I will then be going into freehand8 and importing the image but when Ive tried to import the transparent image i cant chnage it to blue b/c its a bitmap. Im so confused! What's the easiest way around this? also, Im working on a mac (at work).

Have alook

Hello Dave.
    Thanks for your reply and consideration. sorry for late reply.

Well I tried my best for the moment the big issue I have is to have the transparent pictures of the texts "Featured Attractions", "Special Offers" and the image white border. By using Macromedia Fireworks I able to get the transparent picture of the text feature atttractions but it comtains osme white edges with the text.

Please have a look at attach picture and if possible give the pictures I needed and definatly the procedure to do this as well.

Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks
    Junaid
    Attached Images Attached Images