Thread: Hey Dave....

Hey Dave....

How are you feeling?. Getting better?.
    I havent seen you around here much lately so hope your doing well.
    I read you were in hospital a couple of weeks back so heres hoping your on the road to recovery

All the best.
    Westie.
    A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only cling film for shorts.
    The shrink says, 'Well, I can clearly see you're nuts.'

Blog Entries
    Thanks Westie. It's true I haven't been around as much but I'm feeling fine. I've just got a lot on my plate at the moment so I haven't had much time to come here. Hopefully things will settle down in a little while and I'll be able to spend more time here again.

If anyone has posted a message which I've ignored, feel free to bump it.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

What say we have a little fun.

Not sure if this'll work but.....
    What i'm proposing is that we make a short movie/video. It'll only be about 3-10minutes long.

How it works is that we (whichever members in the forums that want to take part) each have to add a part to a video that someone starts.

Heres an easy examble to give you an idea....
    Say i start by making an opening sequence of a man walking along a beach and he finds a bottle (I know, it's just an example ).
    Then the next member can add his bit like the man finding a note in the bottle or a genie popping out of the bottle or, he chucks the bottle back into the water and keeps walking and does something else.

You with me....
    The only rules are that you have to leave it open for easy continuality(?spelling).
    Like say if you want to have the main character standing in front of some famous landmark like the Eiffel Tower then you have to end the scene in a neutral setting so if the next member is in Australia then they can carry on, unless of course, the main character in the movie has a tele-porting, time warping wristband that he can use to time travel

So no close ups of peoples faces unless theyre only for/in that scene.
    The story can go in any direction as long as you leave it open for the next person to carry on.

The video would probably have to be in a standard size avi file so theres no problems using it in any editing program. Say, 320x240 avi.
    Hopefully it'll keep the file size down to a resonable size for uploading/downloading.
    Can we use your website to upload/download the file between members?

If all this can be done then maybe we could start a thread inviting interested members to put their name down and ask for feedback.

What do you think Dave?
    Is it do-able?

Westie.

Damm.
    Bumped my thread off the top of the list so I'm bumping it back to the top.
    Hoping to get your attention again Dave

Blog Entries
    hehe, don't worry, I see it. It sounds like a great idea. If anyone else is keen, reply to this thread and we'll see where it goes. I'm more than happy to use this site for it.

As you know I've been pretty tied up recently and I don't have much spare time - I can't even check the forum messages properly at the moment. Still, I'm right behind this idea and I'd love to see it fly.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

Sounds like a pretty cool idea to me too. I'd love to do it...but I don't have a camera at the moment, or a computer to edit it on. It'd be awesome to see what everyone else comes up with though! I think everyone with a camera should reply to this post and get the thing rolling.

Dave, you were in the hospital? !!!! what was it with you? hope, nothing dangerous.