Thread: Flv Bit rate

Flv Bit rate

How will find FLV files which video bit rate , video format , and video frame rate. and audio bit rate and format. pls help me. I dont know it.

Blog Entries
    It depends to some extent whether the flv file has metadata included. If so, you could download our Flash video player and use that to see the details (click the i button when the file is playing).

Other flv players probably have similar features - there are lots to choose from on the net.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

I want to check the local machine FLV .Not internet side only local Pc.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. There are lots of players which you can find on the net, then download to use with local files. Do a search for "FLV player" and you should find something.

I'm not guaranteeing that any of them will do what you want but our player can read metadata and I'm sure others would be able to as well.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

thanks. dave

Hi,

From what I've checked, the metadata are giving some information which look more like a threshold.
    To verify, take a FLV file, check Video bitrate + Audio birate, and compare it to filesize / duration.

You will see that both values are different.

I'd like to understand why (IOW, why CBR exists, instead of VBR + maximum bitrate).
    Does anyone know a bitrate analizer for the FLV format ? Does this kind of tool exist ?

Chris