Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help....

yes sir , i have a crossover, just having hard time understanding how to hook up a multiple speaker in on channel of my amps, is there any online resources on how to hook up a multiple speakers? i have a 31 band EQ, 1 compressor/limiter/gate, i never been in a multiple speaker set up, my first experience is powered speaker. so im having hard time analyzing it

Yes, there are online resources. I will look them up and post links. give me a few minutes.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

Yes, there are online resources. I will look them up and post links. give me a few minutes. Rane.com. Here's another one but its kinda technical.http://www.termpro.com/articles/xover2.html

Basically you would connect the source (mixer or stereo) to the xover, and the three outputs of the xover to the inputs of each amp. Each amp has two outputs. Connect the first amp (the 900 watt amp) to the bass speakers, one side of the amp to one side of the stage. other side of the amp to the other side of the stage. If you have more than one speaker per side of the stage to connect to the same amp then post back. Otherwise connect the other two amps the same way. Stereo (or source) to 2 xover inputs, 3 xover outputs to 3 amp inputs, 6 amp outputs to 6 speakers, (3 speakers per side).
    Last edited by penniesfromheaven; 5th Dec 2007 at 02:26.
    'I think my intimate relationship with electronics started as a child when I was playing with a screwdriver and a wall plug, Doc, and...'

basically just one amps, but multiple speakers on each side, maybe, 2 speakers in each side, just in one amps.

Quote: matt capuyan
    View Post
    i have a power amps rated 1st amp is 300W per channel for my highs, 2nd amps is 500W per channel for my mids and 3rd amp is 900W per channel for my lows, and I'm planning to have 2 sets of speakers on each side, help me please how to... 2 highs, 2 mids, 2 lows, on each side. thanks for all the help in advance.
    a...I count 3 amps.

yes that three amps, 1 amps for the lows, 1 amps for the mids, & 1 amps for the highs, coz my amps is stereo, all of that 3 amps will drive my FOH speakers, but i want to know how to hook up a multiple speakers in just one channel of my amps.

just 3 amps, my amps are stereos, so 1 amps would drive my lows on both sides, L&R of the stage. 1 amps as well would drive my mids on both sides as well and so on.

Without knowing the models of your amps That sounds correct.Make sure the amps are not in the bridged mode. (That is, both L and R connected together in the back with a jumper, or a switch).

yap, but my problem how to hook up a multiple speakers on my amps.

Run a speaker cable form the amp to the first speaker, then run a jumper (very short seaker cable) from the first speaker to the second. most speakers have parallel inputs, meaning that they are just wired together and can be used to send the speaker (powered) signal to the next speaker. Now look at the impedance, do the math, 2 8-ohm boxes run in parallel would be 4 ohms......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast