Thread: Need Help

Need Help

After i embed the windows media player in my web page, how i configured
    the encoder for live streaming whit video?

Blog Entries
    That's quite an undertaking. I suggest visiting the Microsoft site and doing a lot of reading.

In the meantime it would help to explain a bit about exactly what type of live streaming you want to do, e.g. What is your live video source? What type of server are you running? What sort of audience are you targetting?
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

live broadcast

I am traying to do a live broadcast and i am using Windows Server 2003 R2
    and my audience are Christian people around the world.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant what size is the audience? How many people do you expect to be watching simultaneously? How many in total per month?

I should point out that I've all but abandoned Windows Media myself for streaming so I understand it less and less as time goes on.

Anyway, there's oodles of information at the Microsoft site. Unfortunately a lot of it is poorly presented but if you're patient you should be able to find the right info for your situation. Again, the main thing is to be clear about your video source (what type of camera etc) and the size of your audience - these two things will determine which solutions are appropriate.
    Dave Owen
    MediaCollege.com

video streaming

Like 10, i dont expect that many yet. The camara is a canon zr65 mc, or i think i can use a Logitec to.

I work with Windows Media Services alot actually so I hope I can help out.

First off you can't stream to more then 5 ips from Windows Media Encoder and I wouldn't recommend it anyways if you could do more since the lag from a live encoding is pretty bad in any situation unless you got some money to buy some good hardware which I'm going to assume you don't.

Well setup windows media services and then from the live streaming location have the encoder "push" to windows media services which will then be able to stream to "x" amount of people. I recommend that you put a delay on the stream so the buffering isn't bad and since this is a live encode you can't do mulitiple bit rates so you have to figure out a cbr for the stream. Also, what's your hardware setup, because live encoding is resouce intensive so if you don't have the correct settings the first time and just to do something you might freeze your computer, I've seen it happen alot of times.

Um...live encoding is really pretty good to stream from windows media services..even my friends used it for there wedding..well good luck